As a Sales Development Rep (SDR), you establish relationships and drive results through effective selling and exceptional customer service. You have sales and service experience but more importantly, you have a wealth of potential. If high-level sales is something that excites you, this role is the perfect launch point into this industry. Your interactions with our potential customers are the foundations of our business, and the drive and determination you put into selling our products directly impacts our success.
If you’ve ever wanted to be part of a high-growth startup, right at the inflection point, this is your opportunity. You’d be joining a fast growing team with endless potential - we have grown from 12 to 40 employees in 2017, and we’re just getting started.
Do you feel unsatisfied with just meeting targets and maintaining the status quo? So do we. We work hard to make sure that every voice is heard. Your work and your ideas really make an impact. Forget being a corporate cog, life at Avenue means influencing change on a team, company, and industry.
We’d love for you to join us on this journey as we transform Avenue from a flourishing tech startup, into a household name.
What you’ll do: Sales at Avenue means being part of a people-centric team, focused on building a rapport with REALTORS® of all backgrounds and personalities. Our SDRs are the heart and soul of Avenue’s success; they are on the front-line promoting our company, values and services. Your first interaction with a potential client is the beginning of their relationship with our company. This first, crucial step in our sales process is where you will thrive, adapting your pitch and manoeuvring accordingly
- Become an expert in outbound prospecting and learn all you need to know about customer outreach.
- Communicate with potential clients to grasp a deeper understanding of their business needs and educate them on how we can help.
- Use your good natured wit and charm to build new relationships and sell our products.
- Provide planning and on-site support when we attend conferences, networking events, trade shows, workshops and lunch & learns.
- Help one of Vancouver’s fastest growing startups surpass revenue and growth targets.
- You have a background in business, sales or customer service.
- You are self-motivated, driven and have an awesome work ethic. You love a challenge, and have a great attitude; no task is too small or job too difficult.
- You thrive in fast-paced and rapidly evolving environments and can think on your feet to answer questions and problem solve on the fly.
- You have a great phone manner and a thoughtful and articulate written presence.
- Always super organized - you ensure our CRM is always up-to-date. And late for a call? Never!
- A creative, innovative thinker, you’re always on the hunt for ways to improve systems and solve problems.
- Of course, you have a genuine passion for talking to people.
- Are generally awesome to be around. We want people who bring their own personality and add diversity to our team.
Benefits and Perks:
- Awesome benefits including extended medical & dental plus your own health and lifestyle spending accounts.
- Excellent employee stock option plan - own your work, literally!
- Achievable targets with a generous commission structure, above industry standards.
- The right tools for the job (Macbooks, sit/stand desks, 34” monitors etc)
- Downtown location - surrounded by great restaurants and easily accessible transit.
- Collaborative office environment and the best team. Lunch and learns, regular team outings, office snacks and bottomless (great) coffee.
- Opportunity. So much opportunity.
Avenue is a fast paced, hyper-growth tech company based in downtown Vancouver, BC.
Avenue grew out of a need we saw in the real estate industry. All of the REALTORS® we knew put in hours of screen time each week, online, trying manage the many moving parts that made up their personal marketing. They wanted to attract new clients, but they weren’t getting results.
As a team of marketers, engineers, and designers, we saw how our respective skill sets could work together to solve the problem. We could give REALTORS® what they’d never had before: The chance to market themselves online, and stand out—supported by the knowledge and tools only a team of experts could provide.
General Sales: ( 1 - 2 ) years